#4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 16:10
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Thanks (Again) Spang,

The figs yes, I think that the first count I had for them was for fresh figs but it did not state fresh - but the listing was for pears and figs as if to mean they both had the same count. This was in the counter in the Montignac book. Unfortunately I have never seen a fresh fig in my life. Dried is all that's available here.

Cornstarch - I have now read about the gelatinzation factor in starches how it lets the sugar (or whatever) release into the blood very quickly. When making up the sauce I looked in the Glucose Revolution and saw it in a recipe rated low GI - I guess they were figuring on 1 tbsp of cornstarch mingled with all the other ingredients would bring it down to low. I guess though we should remember that the New Glucose Revolution is not really aimed at weight loss diets but more at educating people to correct the type and amount of carbs they consume.

The reason for the white bread/sugar base is mentioned in the New Glucose Rev. I have found a couple of mini-counters in some other books and they of course do not state which base is used. Alas more confusion.

This is really a learning process, basically I know the healthy carbs as that is how I would normally eat. Its rooting out all the hidden "bad guys" that gets me.

Label Reading - HOW MANY WAYS CAN YOU SPELL SUGAR?

Back to my research - I want a diploma in this by the end of the weekend.