View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-12, 17:59

Plan: Dr. Eric Westman's/Atkins
Stats: 150/148/132 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Thanks Pam. Just when I think I am learning something, I realize it is so different for everyone. I am glad you found your sweet spot and that you had a doctor willing to look at the FREE's without begging. I had to beg and then the first endo only would look at my TSH and told me my ferritin of 20 was "within range" and that "this has nothing to do with being able to be on a low dose of thyroid meds." She also said my "reverse T3 wasn't a real problem." It turned out, my thyroid was in fact almost dead at that point and she kept saying I only needed 50mcg of synthroid. I complained loudly enough and she gave me some cytomel, but with my ferritin being 20, I couldn't handle but 5 twice a day. It did stop the hair from falling out but no one cared at all that I was losing my figure, no matter WHAT I tried! I am a retired fitness trainer so this was very difficult. It takes a lot of time to find a decent thyroid doctor. Even the one I like now STILL says "Well....you could form an antibody to the armour" and prefers synthroid. I told him it did nothing for me, I could not convert it, etc. etc. But, at LEAST he WILL prescribe by symptoms and not just by lab scores so I feel lucky that "Top Thyroid Docs" helped me find him.