View Single Post
  #567   ^
Old Sat, Feb-18-12, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 209.5/204.5/130 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Wow. Just wow. Would that I could erase the hurt here. What a collective amount it is.

I didn't run into being overweight until I was an adult. I used to fly up and down the east coast for my job. Just before starting Medifast I was at my heaviest, about 230. I was on the aisle seat when a thin woman looked at me with a scowl and said that she had to get "in there" (the window seat). I got up, smiled and said, "Sure!" She sat. I sat. She immediately dug her elbow into my side. (I had blown out my left shoulder, the one nearest her) so had my left forearm resting on the armrest). It HURT! I jumped and asked her if something was wrong. She said LOUDLY, "YES! IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU ARE TOO FAT TO FIT IN YOUR SEAT. MOVE OVER."

Now, you have to know me. I am NOT afraid to say what needs to be said, but I was stunned into speechlessness. I had never, ever been treated like that and just didn't know what to say. I just looked at her, removed my arm and pulled out a book.

I saw that same woman about a year later (we both flew out of the same airport, obviously live in the same general area) and of course she didn't recognize me. She was being a miserable witch to the gate clerk.

I can lose my weight. She can't lose her ugly. (But it still stings after more than four years).