Thread: Dec-Jan Chat
View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-12, 06:48

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

Ugh, my eating is still horrible. I've finally moved past the issue of major sweets cravings, so at least lots of candy/ice cream/milkshakes are no longer my daily norm, but I'm still eating things like grain and potato products. My home scale is up to 200 pounds, which is a mental f*** that I knew was coming, but still irks me. And I will still be gaining more weight since I'm only 28.5 weeks. C'est la vie...I'll worry more about weight AFTER baby arrives. For now, baby's health is priorities #1, 2, and 3!

In other news, since baby shower invitations have gone out for shower #1, someone bought the hamper for my nursery set off my registry! I know it seems like a silly thing to be excited about, but the hamper was my favorite piece of the set because of the pattern and bright colors, and if someone didn't buy it for us, I probably wouldn't buy it myself since it's not an absolute necessity (would have just gotten a plain white Walmart hamper for less than 10 bucks instead!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksgirl
Today seemed to go well. The bleeding stopped and the contractions have let up, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

So glad to hear improvement I Googled quickly and found LOTS of incidents of pregnant women with excess protein in their urine but no other symptoms of preeclampsia, and they seem to all have done just fine. I would chalk it up to the wacky world of pregnancy and not worry about it unless doc says something specific about it (like what it could mean or what the risks might be, etc.). Eating lots of protein shouldn't cause protein in urine because spilling protein means something isn't processing correctly, but maybe it's just because your organs are working overtime already with the pregnancy.