View Single Post
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 14:43

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

I'm still checking in from time to time - feeling baby move around in there now, which is awesome! And I gained 7 pounds in the 4 weeks between my last two appointments, which is scary, but I had lost 12 in my first trimester, so I'm still not going to stress about it. I've also been eating terribly lately thanks to stress and lack of normal routine and environment - we've been living out of suitcases for almost 2 weeks while the only full bathroom in our house is being remodeled. We're staying with family about an hour and half away from our home. Bathroom was supposed to be done yesterday, but no such luck...and I ended up havign to drive to work 3 days this week, which is a little over 50 miles each way from where we're staying.

Oh, and my boss and his boss got fired earlier this week, so now work is a bit up in the air as well - I've been assured my job is secure (phew!), but it's still a lot of unknowns and, of course, gossip and uncertainty running wild in the office. I still don't officially know who I am going to be reporting to, so I'm just continuing to do my work...

eriksgirl - COBRA is terrible. My father was laid off back in June, and he's been on COBRA ever since. Luckily, my mother has medical coverage through her employer, and they don't have any kids at home anymore, so the COBRA is ONLY for him, but it's still about $450 per month. So, you go on unemployment, which pays you only a fraction of what you had been earning, and then you get slammed with these COBRA premiums - so ridiculous!

My husband got laid off a couple weeks ago, and I am SO thankful that he was already on my insurance to begin with, so we don't have to play the COBRA game. It's hard enough when unemployment only provides a little less than HALF of what he used to bring home each week.