Old Mon, Oct-03-11, 15:56

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawald
Hi there,

Difficult to say!!! I guess you just have to try for yourself. I do believe I did see something somewhere on the net which looked fairly reliable (George Eby's site, maybe???) about the absorption rates of various kinds of magnesium and I do believe that Mg glycinate did indeed score better than Mg citrate, but YMMV.

I found that the Mg citrate just made me go potty too much. The Mg glycinate is the only one that doesn't have that effect unless I take a lot of it.

amanda

I had taken Natural Calm several years back and remembered how relaxed it made my mood, but this time it's upsetting my stomach. I had taken some NOW mag citrate capsules a while back and had to quit taking them for the same reason. I guess because it draws water to the colon, but it makes my stomach constantly feel *full* and it makes gurgling noises all through the day. When I had quit the Now mag citrate capsules, all of those symptoms stopped. Then I tried the Dr.'s Best chelated mag (mag glycinate) and didn't have the problems but then I ordered Natural Calm and once I took it, I had the same symptoms I had when I took the mag citrate. I didn't know till I read on the Natural Calm container that it was in the mag citrate form. I'm going to stop taking it and go back to my mag glycinate.