View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 147/142.5/115
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Offering sympathy and asking for help!

With a history of anorexia/bulimia, I had to learn to not focus on numbers for a long, long time. I had to learn to love myself and my choices, not necessarily a scale. Then, after recovery and about eight years of eating normal without weight gain, I went through a stressful time in my life and put on serious pounds. I have been on PP now for three weeks. I am trying hard not to focus on numbers. I am proud of myself that I am sticking with this way of eating consistently for this long! Usually I last two weeks, don't see enough results, and ditch it.

I lost 4 1/2 pounds the first two weeks. I was pleased enough with that. After all, a pound a week is plenty when you stick with something long term, so 2 pounds a week is awesome. However, I GAINED weight this last week! That depressed me big time. I am only weighing once a week, and trying so hard NOT to let the scale control me . . . but GAIN? No pasta, potatoes, crackers, bread, corn, or sweets of ANY kind ever and I GAIN? So, what is that about? Could it be water weight? Or could I simply be eating too many calories?

I don't care any more about quick weight loss. It took me a long time to gain this, so I'm committed to the long haul for losing it. AND, I do feel better! I am also losing inches, I can tell. But why, when I am being so faithful, would I gain? Help me, here. It seems from this thread that smaller people may have a harder time. I really want to lose 20 more pounds and have barely gotten started. How could I have gained?