View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-11, 22:23

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 215/215/200 Male 72
BF:25%/25%/20%
Progress: 0%
Smile I am a new guy having trouble...

Hello, I am new here I have just started on the South Beach Diet hoping to lose 15lbs so I can get underweight. I am currently in the Navy which is one of the reasons I am dieting, I am 72 inches tall with a weight about 215 (my max weight is supposed to be 201), by Navy standards I am 25% body fat (everything else says I am at highest 20%). I had a knee accident about a year ago and because my leg was immobile for 10 weeks during recovery (it was my first injury in my life so i followed the doctors instructions to the letter), I gained about 15lbs, well when I checked into my new job I was overweight and since 3 failures in weight or Fitness test you get put out of the Navy I was very concerned. I started portion controlling and before Christmas I was down to 209 and I had lost alot of body mass, of course being the holiday break I gained it all back and have been struggling ever since. My work out routines are an hour of various Cardio/Circuit training each day (Navy regulated of course) and I have been counting my calories ( I went from 3k a day to just over 1500). So me and my wife decided to start SB, my wife who was on the diet previously and lost 135 lbs was excited to start again. That just a short story to get you up to date, the portions I am getting is more then enough I find myself hungry but not starving every few hours which is OK it doesn't bother me, but the problem I am having is I am a caffeine buff, I drink about 2 Dr. Peppers a day (Cans) or have 32oz of cane sugar sweet Tea) I do not drink coffee or anything like that. I know you are to cut out Sugar but the problem I am having is I am getting bad headaches from lack of caffeine, and I have tried every artificial sweetener and I am get really bad headaches from them all (ACE K, Splenda, Aspartame etc). I one day one and I am ready to quit just because I cannot have caffeine, my question is would it significantly hurt my diet if I have 1-2 servings of cane sugar sweetened ice tea (12 oz per serving) a day? This would help me stay on and its really the only thing that's kicking my butt right now. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links