Old Mon, Jul-11-11, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/204/170 Male 6.0"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaw
Well, I like meat , but if I thought the animals I was eating, although bred for slaughter, suffered before they got to the end of their lives I would not be happy. Do you know pigs suffer the most? My pigs didn't.

Teresaw, glad to see you (like me) like meat. I lived in Italy for eighteen years. Provincia Ascoli, in a rural setting. Had my own pigs, chickens, ducks, small flock of pecora. About ten (as soon as I could get them done, netured) stray cats/two dogs. Spent my time helping my neighbours, Sardi sheep farmers, who so helped me back in return. All this to assure you I know where you're coming from. I personally reared, tended, and killed my own - albeit with help from my neighbours regarding the pigs, in the most humane way I could - wish I could be dispatched thus!

With respect I think you're missing the point here. Just how do we cope in our urban boxes, watching these 'expose' type programmes on the TV regarding the suffering of animals whilst following a high meat eating WOL?