#12   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-11, 08:13
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Texas Sausage "Biscuit"

I made this for breakfast today, after making a double batch of Oopsie(Revo) rolls several ways. Very tasty and reminiscent of a Sausage Burger I had in a nearby diner one time. This is pictured here: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2011/0...ausage-biscuit/

Green’s Sausage House and Meat Market is just down the road 10 miles from me in a little town called Zabacikville. It is quite the popular place with the locals and folks in Temple, Tx. often drive over to enjoy or bring home some of their wonderful Czech sausages. My brother, who lives near Seattle just LOVES their breakfast smokies and has to have some each time he flies down to visit Texas. He gets real excited when I ship him a 10-lb. box of smokies at Christmas. In the Green’s diner, they have a Sausage Burger on the menu. Curious, I ordered it one time and it was made with their bulk pork sausage rather than their smoked sausage. But it was VERY good. That gave me the idea for my low-carb Texas-size Sausage Biscuit above. I had one for breakfast today and it was pretty darn good made with an Oopsie (Revolution) Roll dotted with sesame seeds. Looked JUST like the Sausage Burger I had at the restaurant, even if the sausage was a different brand. Who says you have to eat eggs all the time for breakfast on Atkins? This breakfast is Induction friendly.

INGREDIENTS:

2 my sandwich buns: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/0...-sandwich-buns/
3 oz. pork sausage

DIRECTIONS: Form a large, thin patty with the sausage meat and cook in non-stick skillet until done. Lightly toast oen of the buns in the broiler to brown it a bit more. Sandwich in the two buns. Enjoy!

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 1 serving which contains:

443 calories
37.8 fat
3.8 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 1.8 g NET CARBS
11.6 g protein
612 mg sodium