View Single Post
  #216   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-11, 05:11

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/158/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 82%

I've been absent from the thread for a few days, and I reminded myself this morning that not visiting my friends here is a "bad sign." Even if I have nothing in particular to celebrate, confess, or contribute.

Actually, I've been traveling, first to a conference, then to a board meeting. These events were, of course, prolonged confrontations with plates of cookies, festive cakes, sweet rolls, desserts, and airport kiosks. So many reasons to say, "Oh, why not??" But I've worked so hard since last December to restore my current level of maintenance. I didn't want to come home exhausted AND five pounds heavier.

As it is, my aging body refuses to let go of "the last ten pounds." However, I find that coaching a local friend through her journey is a good way to remind myself of such things as the value of eating real food, the need for variety and veggies, the importance of not getting bored with the menu.

Yesterday, while ransacking my house for some important papers, I found lots of evidence of my weight loss journey, including the "how I did it" article about me in Fitness Magazine November 1999. The headline says, "Not another diet--but a new way to live." It reports my yo-yo history, a few key quips and tips, and a three-year maintenance record.

As of today, I'm only five pounds heavier than reported in this article.

The yo-yo still lurks. But the hard work has paid off. I have found "a new way to live" and owe it to myself to stick with it.

Best wishes all.