View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-11, 06:35

Plan: roughly paleo
Stats: 151/144/128 Female 5'5½"
BF:
Progress: 30%

I didn't have dinner last night - the cake and ice cream was all I had. At least there's that.

I got on the scale this morning, and I'm a pound heavier - 147 versus 146 yesterday.

I don't feel any cravings, and I do get cravings in the morning for sugary muffins and bagels, etc. So that's a relief. I need to eat sugar more frequently for the cravings to kick in. I think I'll have some fish with homemade mayo (no sugar), and maybe a cucumber.

I know someone who eats paleo except for "two treats a week" which are the ultimate in hyper-sugar - generally chocolate, the most non-paleo, high-carb thing you can imagine. She manages to maintain her weight and her sanity this way (still gets treats now and then). What I did is not one "treat" - cake and ice cream in one day is two treats, for sure. But I like the principle. There are several diet plans that allow a periodic treat - no??

I don't think I can stay on this for life without ever eating another Lulu's cupcake, or ever going out for ice cream with my friends. Once every two weeks - can't that be okay??