Old Fri, Jun-10-11, 06:08

Plan: HCG,Atkins
Stats: 210.8/194.4/145 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:56%
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpurple165
Hi Shell1370,

I'm new here and was just reading your post. I was wondering what were the symptoms you were having with your hormonal problems. I am also hypo, exhausted and I am 45. I have gained 45 lbs mostly around belly and thighs. What I have read about this says it could be low progesterone. Anything you can share would be helpful!

Thanks, Kim

Hi Kim,

Here is a complete list of my s/s that I was having with my thyroid that I handed my to my NP at my appointment. She pointed out that I was having s/s of hormones too...the sleep patterns, low sex drive, ect. Which I just thought at the time of my appointment that I was only having thyroid issues.

Low stamina
No energy
Long recovery period after any activity
Often feeling cold, Cold hands and feet
Puffy face and eyes
Dry, gritty eyes
Pounding heart at times.
Left sided chest pain that radiates down left arm and up in to jaw...EKG, Cardiac enzymes done and normal
Hard stools
Constipation
thinning outer eyebrows
Dry Hair
Hair Loss
Hair breaking
Dry, snakey skin
Requires naps in the afternoon
Inability to concentrate or read long periods of time
Unrested after a night of sleep
Forgetfulness
Foggy thinking
Inability to lose weight
NO sex drive
Moody periods
PMS
Nausea
Swelling/edema/puffiness~ Pitting edema +2-3 ankles and shins
Aching bones/muscles /joints- ANA lab negative
Exhaustion in every dimension–physical, mental, spiritual, emotional to the point of non functional
Inability to work full-time due to exhaustion
Complete lack of motivation
Broken/peeling fingernails
No Appetite at times
Low body temperature
sore swallow
Headaches and Migraines

I was prescibed progesterone every night and compounded T3/T4. I was just at the NP office on Monday for a 2 month f/u and had my thryoid medication increased a full grain, I now take T3 27/ T4 114 mcg since I was still having s/s of thryoid. Also, she wants me to start the HCG diet. Which I will be doing when my supplies arrive. I am only doing the 23 day, but may extend it out to 30 days.

I hope this helps you somewhat. Be sure to check out the Sticky's to the hypothyroid forum...lots of useful information in there! If you need anymore help, just ask

Michelle