Thread: TOPS or OA or ?
View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-11, 08:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/257/200 Male 72
BF:
Progress:

I know this thread is older but I wanted to share my experience in both OA and TOPS. I was an active member in OA for several years and a current member in TOPS. Someone said it earlier, "Take what you want, and leave the rest." That is soo true of both meeting but of course you have to find the right group. A group that is devoted, and committed to the lifestyle change. I would probably still be in OA if we hadn't moved, and once we did, I couldn't find the devoted OA group that I was in before. So I went to several TOPS groups and found a great one. Yes, some of the TOPS groups can be little old ladies talking about grandkids, and quilting but if find the right group, like I did, it's a wonderful support system. OA's focus is about your eating centered around emotions and a Higher Power, where as TOPS is centered around a lifestyle change, getting physical again, and a sprinkling of emotional eating mixed in.

My weekly TOPS group is a great support group for me, as is my food buddy (I send in my food daily to her) which I learned from OA, and this on-line forum are all really important parts of my lifestyle change that help me stay on track.