Thread: wtf... :(
View Single Post
  #114   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 11:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

Just got back from cardiologist.. she said I have Supraventricular Arrhythmia .. (I think this is it because she described is as they saw in my 24 hour monitor that top chamber of heart was beating way faster or something like that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suprav...lar_tachycardia ?? )

"Supraventricular Arrhythmia

A very common long term arrhythmia is atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation is very abnormal. A normal heart beats between 60 and 100 times a minute. However, in atrial fibrillation, the atria (upper lobes of the heart) beat 400 to 600 times per minute. In response to this, the ventricles usually beat irregularly at a rate of 170 to 200 times per minute. So in Atrial Fibrillation, the upper part of the heart may beat up to 8 times as much as a normal heart. Unfortunately, atrial fibrillation is seen in many types of heart disease; once established, it usually lasts a lifetime. "

If you have more info I'd love see, thanks!!

She said it is electrical and needs to try and treat with medication.. she is putting me on beta blockers for 6 weeks(2 wks 1/2 dose, 4 wks full dose) .. I come back to office and retake all the tests to see if thing are better. Dr says NO exercise :'( .. NO coffee :'( (decaf okay though so I guess I'll be okay with that).. Dr said being low carb is fine, she went over blood work again for dh.. EVERYTHING GREAT!!!.. but said she just wants me to lower my fat a little(which I have been doing anyhow) she said keeping carbs low is FINE! Glad to finally have diagnose and now to just to get better. Thanks all again for all your support