#3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-13-11, 15:15
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Carly-

here is the deal- there is always going to be a new book, new diet, new diet guru. You have to find what is best for you. You can't eat LC then do vegan juicing. It is like saying I figured out my body really likes breathing oxygen but I want to try carbon monoxode. If you believe that LC is the right thing for your body than eating only sugar/veggies/grains won't work. Period. I am not going to tiptoe around this- I have been on this board since 12/2003 and could not even begin to keep track of how many people say "I know I felt the best in my whole life on this low carb plan (fill in the blank) but I had a friend who told me/wanted to lose faster/missed eating fruit/just wanted to so I left LC and tried WW/low fat/juicing/ Nutrasystem......." take your pick. Then there is the email "I'm back and even heavier... I'm back at my heaviest.... I'm back and wish I never left..."

Carly, I am not being harsh- I am giving you my honest opinion. I don't care what you eat- I really don't - I have never met you and probably never will. But I REALLY care about what I eat- every minute of every day I care about MY BODY. MY BODY cannot eat the SAD, or vegan, or low fat. My body likes low carb. I eat a CALP plan because it works for my lifestyle- but the crucial point is Low Carb.

I really don't care what I weigh- my weight is symptomatic of my overall health and wellbeing. I made a COMMITMENT to MYSELF 7/2003 that I would do whatever it took to be healthy- and this is it.

So make a commitment to YOURSELF.YOU NEED TO CARE ABOUT YOU AND WHAT YOU EAT AND YOUR BODY. DECIDE what YOU want/need. There is no cheating, there is no don't do it right. DO IT FOR YOU- NO ONE ELSE. YOU have to be the most important person in your life- you have to be your advocate and champion.

We can only help you- give you support and info- we can't do it for you. I said before that I don't care what you eat- but obviously I care enough about YOU to write this post.

I am very sorry about your cat, but if your loss and shock somehow was translated into eating emotionally, please get help for that. There is always going to be a loss, or stress, or tragedy in life- and happiness, joy and celebration. We all need to figure out how to eat and fuel our bodies but not use food as a way to deal with feelings. I wish I had the magic words to fix that- sorry. But you CAN do it- really. Really really really- believe in YOU.

hth-
E