Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 18:36

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
url]http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm[/url]

In my case the "maintenance" calories range from 1550 to 2200, depending on the formula. In my experience the lower number is closer.

Interesting. I tried it out saying "little or no exercise" since I have not been getting much during the winter, and it tells me:

Maintenance:
2153 Calories/day
Fat Loss:
2080 Calories/day

That's a pretty fine line between maintenance and fat loss, less than 100 calories a day. How does one even calculate to that level of precision? I mean I can weight and measure every bite, and I often do - but there is no guarantee that the actual calories of the food I'm eating match up with what the charts say. But they are right, I sure am "maintaining" at that level - stalled for 16 months, and average caloric intake of 1900-2200. Of course the above seems to say I should lose at 1900. I'm willing to believe I should eat less. The only problem is that when I do I get hungry. I can seem to live with hunger for 3-4 days, and then end up exploding on a 4000-calorie binge. But if I stick to the 1900-2200 range I can keep it up indefinitely. Just can't lose weight on it.