#11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-10, 22:19

Plan: LCHF/Keto
Stats: 162/116.6/117 Female 61 inches
BF:30.6%/22.0%/22.1%
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaec
But I was thinking it might be marginally threatening to him. He's already really insecure with me because I'm (not being conceited--just factual) more intelligent than him and generally more successful than him at almost everything. I mean, I don't try to be. I'm just really, really motivated and ambitious by nature and he's... the opposite? I definitely don't rub this stuff in his face, but any time a sentence comes out of my mouth, he thinks I'm criticizing him when I'm really, really not. He's even admitted in the past that just me being who I am makes him feel inferior. I mean... I can't do much about that myself without just generally and purposely trying to suck at things.
This reminds me SO MUCH of my first marriage. SO, SO MUCH! I wanted to further my education (we married out of high school) and after taking the ACT and being so excited when I found out I passed and was accepted into the college, he got ANGRY at me! ANGRY! He eventually admitted that it was because he was threatened. Well I certainly wasn't going to lower myself to HIS standards. We lasted about another (fretful) year.