View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-10, 08:26

Plan: Self-made/Atkins-ish
Stats: 205/189/132 Female 173
BF:
Progress:

Broomangel: I'm from Norway. I'm not good with American measurings, but I assume my weight would be around 187-189 pounds.

I've understood that it's not just a diet (I certainly don't plan to get back to my previous eating habits!), the things is that I've for some reason convinced myself for a long time now that I have to be in ketosis in order to lose weight, and that moderate low carb (such as SB) is something that would only work as a post-Atkins maintenance, not weight loss. I'm still confused about how the fatburning-systems really work, but I firmly believe that one needs a certain calorie restriction even in ketosis.

Why is it important that I do the phase 1 when I've already been on Atkins induction since July (and have done so earlier as well) and only have lost water weight? If the intention is merely to cut the sugar-cravings, than I don't think it would be necessary for me at this point. Seeing all that "weight" come off would only get me disillusional when it stops after week 3..