View Single Post
  #390   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-10, 22:48
Registered Member

Plan: TKD/CKD Combo
Stats: 290/275/240 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress:

Okay so the Lemon Poppyseed experiment was a mixed success.

I did 1/2 cup CarbQuick, 1/3 Almond Flour, 1.4 Tbs Splenda Granular, 2 Tbs Poppy Seeds, 1/8th tsp Lemon Zest (dry zest that I re-hydrated in a tsp of Rum) 1 tbs Lemon Juice, 1 Egg and I used maybe a Tbs of Mayonnaise to wet the batter just a bit. It was a pretty thick batter. Microwaved for 1 Minute 45 Seconds in a 1100 Watt microwave.

Result was nice and moist and much denser then my previous Orange Rum muffins. There was much less water based liquid in this one and the mayonaisse definitly helped maintain moisture.

The sweetness and the lemon flavor could definitly have used a boost though. Also a subtle mayonnaise aftertaste was present that I was not too fond of.

Next time I will try sour creme instead of mayo to moisten the batter, and I will up the splenda content a bit. I will also go buy some Absolut Limon vodka or Bacardi Limon rum (both have 0 carbs per serving) and use that instead of plain rum and I will up the amount of lemon zest. Will report back on how that works.

My next variation planned is German Chocolate Cake using the Davinci GCC Syrup, a mix of Natural and Dutch Processed Cocoa, and some chopped bakers chocolate. Perhaps I will moisten it with unsweetened chocolate almond milk for even more chocolaty goodness, lol.