View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-10, 13:45

Plan: SBD
Stats: 186.6/154.6/140 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Judy - thank you so much for responding. I emailed my hubby this morning about making a change and we'll talk more about it tonight. Reasonably, I'll probably stay on Atkins one more week until I can get the book and shop appropriately.

While I am super excited about going in this direction (man I really miss yogurt and oatmeal! Sounds ridiculous, I"m sure!) I am also pretty scared with the idea of a different WOE. I fully intend to start with Phase I because it is already more carbs than what I am used to eating.

A few questions come to mind:
1. Should I expect some initial weight gain (most likely water) as I transition? I am guessing there is a potential since I am in ketosis now.
2. How long should I stay in Phase I? Is it like Atkins where I can stay there as long as I feel necessary or should I transition more quickly?
3. What kind of vitamins/supplements do you take that you feel are necessary?

I'm finally at the point where my weight is good...although still overweight, so coming off more slowly is fine with me. I just want to "relearn" how to eat successfully with this WOE forever. I wasn't doing that so well on Atkins.

Thank you for your help. I've read so many threads and the meal plans and plan to read more this weekend. I'm excited