#15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-10, 11:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirinblue
For some, gaining weight or being heavy can act as a protective "barrier" against other people and intimacy. Maybe when you are becoming so much healthier and smaller, that "barrier" is shrinking and therefore you feel more vulnerable?

I,ve heard that before as well. Mayby you should try to retrain your self to get over the fear of contact by being more outgoing in small ways. Make a point to make eye contact and smile at one person per day when you go out. Mentally check yourself when you notice your not doing something for fear of contact and go ahead and do it. Look at it like our eating problem everytime we give in to unhealthy food we get a instant reward but add to our unhealthy weight problem. Every time you stay home instead of going out because of fear of contact you get the instant reward of the comfort of home but you and your family pay because you all lose out on fun healthy activetys outside the home. Each time you reward your fear by giving into it makes it easier to reward it the same way next time. Just the fact that you have reconized the problem is huge. I hid at home way too long when I gained the weight because of fear of people seeing me. It wasn,t good for me or my family.