#100   ^
Old Fri, May-14-10, 12:31

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Great article! And for one an article that seems rather thorough, and not totally dismissive of ketosis. It was interesting though that Dr. Newport realized the primary ingredient of this new (and undoubtedly expensive) drug being developed by Big Pharma was derived from coconut oil. Wow, now there is a novel idea? Why not just take the coconut oil? Luckily Dr. Newport did reach that conclusion. Early onset Alzheimer's is an awful disease. It doesn't say how old her husband is, but she is 56, and he looks a similar age. And his symptoms began *6 years ago*. Scary. My mom was only in her mid-50s when she began her own decline into dementia. Of course I could probably never have gotten her to take coconut oil. I sure can't get my dad to do anything like take cocnut oil - and he lives on a diet probably more than 50% comprised of white flour and sugar. And while, at 81, he still lives on his own - he is increasingly a bit forgetful, unsteady in his walking, blue and depressed.

I can't help but feel a change in diet would make a big difference for me, but with me 550 miles away I know it will never happen.

He was about 50 when the first symptoms began. He used to be an accountant, doing the accounts for his wife's practice, and at some point it became obvious that he could no longer handle the job.

What is so amazing about this story, though, is her unwavering love for her husband.

amanda