Thread: vbac
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-10, 11:45

Plan: Medifast
Stats: 194.6/175.2/165.0 Female 62.5
BF:Make goal by Aug13
Progress: 66%

I had a vbac. I think that every pregnancy is different, as are the reasons for the method of delivery.

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have gone through with the vbac, but it had nothing to do with the fact that it was a vbac. It was just a crappy delivery.

However, it was my insistence on a vbac during my second pregnancy that caused the drs to push harder than they would've and take risks that they didn't normally take at the time of my son's birth.

The only advice I have for any woman considering a vbac is to go in with an open mind and the attitude, "I will do whatever is best for myself and my baby regardless of what that is." Don't obssess over vbac.

For me, the reason vbac was so important was because I somehow felt like "less of a woman" with the c-section. I wanted to experience natural childbirth. Now that I've had it both ways, I realize what a ridiculous attitude I was carrying.

A v birth isn't necessarily natural and apparently I can't experience a purely natural childbirth anyway.

I don't feel like less of a mother for either method of giving birth. I'm just grateful to have two healthy kids and sorry that I let my stubborn attitude risk my and my son's well being.

There's nothing wrong with a vbac, per se. If it goes well, great. But it's not the most important thing in the world.