#17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-10, 09:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190.0/190/140 Female 5'6"
BF:too much
Progress: 0%
Default reply

Sheila,

I am new pretty much to this way of life. I began last year but stopped pretty abruptly. I had maxed out a few years ago at 208lbs. I am unsure even how that happened. It seems like I went to bed at 128lbs and the next morning awaked at 208lbs! I was going through a bad death in the family so my only ideas there are that I just did not notice all of the weight. Anyway, I began walking everyday. first 2 miles, then 5 then 5-8. The weight dropped to 175 then down and down to 140 and then to 138. I was in great shape, a size 7 and everytime I looked in the mirror, all I saw was 208lbs looking back at me. I would be walking though a parking lot and go to pass between cars and know the space was large enough for me to fit but still walk around because what if it wasn't and I was seen trying to squish through? I called it my "fat mind". Like once you have carried around extra weight, you always seem to carry extra weight around on your mind when you think of yourself. I am sorry to say I never found a sensible solution. Maybe therepy would be helpful. I do think no matter how low you get the digits on your scale you will still feel the same way you have been feeling from being heavier than you wanted to. Almost like it is hard to appreciate all you have done for yourself now and you cannot take pride in your accomplishments because your not where your mind will let you be. I hope you can look in the mirror and see the beautiful you and not your size at all anymore. Just all you have accomplished and who you are.