Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 06:13
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Kenny,

Welcome to the forum.

Last July, I started out about the same weight you are now. (I'm not sure of my exact starting weight because my doctor's scale only went up to 350 and I was above 350.) I found a lot of helpful advise and information in the Triple Digits Club, which is one of the sub-forums on this site (scroll down the home page until you see it under focus groups). That forum is for people with over 100 pounds to lose, and as you know, we folks with over 100 pounds to lose have different issues from the people who need to lose 30 or 40 pounds. Many of us who post in the Triple Digits Club keep journals. I don't know which ones you will finally particularly helpful for your issues, but if you start going through the Triple Digits Club posts and someone sounds interesting to you, you can click on the journal icon under his or her post to get connected to their journal. Given that you are male, and men react somewhat differently to this way of eating than women, you might want to look at Donald Wolfe's journal. Among other things, he keeps detailed logs of what he eats.

Please stay around and keep us informed of your progress. I always feel a special bond with other people who start out at over 350 pounds. We need to hang together and support each other.