View Single Post
  #251   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 14:13

Plan: Classic Atkins
Stats: 275/272/165 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Recipe Swapping

First off - Great web site. Your My P.L.A.N. Tool is very instrumental in helping me keep track of my journey.

Currently, if I create a dish that is not yet in PLAN, I go "New Recipe" and create a recipe of what I am making. Then, when I cook that dish in the future, I'm careful to measure out the ingredients so that when I enter the food on my daily entry, its accurate. On induction its easy to sway 5 carbs either way because you put more or less of an ingredient in.

My wife came to the forums and she's been using PLAN too. It doesn't make sense for both of us to create a new recipe. Suprisingly - she can view my PLAN and click 'View Meals', then click on the Recipe in my meal plan. From there, she can Add it to her favorites. Now its free for her to use.

This is great and is working as it is now. However...

If I make modifications to my recipe - it will affect my historical data (ie. if I add 5 carbs to the recipe and save it .. then look in my log back a week - the carb count for that day will have gone up). If I make changes to my recipe .. it will also affect my wife's.