View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-10, 13:56

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hi Ann,

(You said, "Call me Ann" so I hope this is OK??? )

Anyway, on the wheat thing: you might find this link instructive:

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Wheat

These are all the blog posts made by Dr Davis of "Heart Scan" fame on the subject. I think there are 40 in all, so you might want to bookmark and work your way through it gradually.

At any rate, I thought you might find it interesting as he has some posts about people who have written to him about their experiences after coming off wheat.

The other thing I wanted to ask is whether you have heard about using coconut oil as an anti-fungal lotion for your son's skin and scalp? It is an excellent anti-fungal, and well worth a try.

I use it after showering and always put some between my toes, especially in winter when my toes are often encased in heavy shoes, and it keeps Athlete's Foot at bay all winter long! Obviously, there are different kinds of fungi around, but coconut oil is very gentle and it might also soothe the skin anyway.

Another thing I have used for cracked and broken skin which worked a treat for my youngest daughter who gets dry skin was a lotion made up at the pharmacy which was almond oil with zinc.

I hope that your son continues to experience further improvements: it sure does sound like he could be have celiac disease. Keep him well away from any wheat-based products and do some research into what other foods contain gluten. For some people, it appears that they are just sensitive to gliadin, the peptide (I think that's what it is) in wheat, whereas others are sensitive to all kinds of gluten-containing foods.

Good luck,

amanda