View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 10:59
Registered Member

Plan: somersize/atkins
Stats: 172/160/140
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thanks Karen! I 've found in my search on the internet several places that stated that 2 tbsps (13 grams) of Flax Meal has 4 gm of carbs and 4 gms of fiber which equals 0 actual carbs! I went onto the Bob's red mill web-site and they say that of the 4 grams of carbs, 1.33 is soluable and 2.67 gms is insoluable. They didn't give the carb count. Can you deduct both from the carb count? According to the carb counter on this site, 2 tbsp of flax SEED has 8.33 gms of carbs and 6.7 gms of fiber. So thats twice the carbs of the meal. Also everyone talks about how great the Bob's brand of lfax meal tastes. Is it really different? And are the golden seeds better than the brown?

Oh yeah and there are some recipes for his products on The Bob's red mill site. For Flax Meal they have a quiche crust and a bilini. With some tinkering they could be low carb. They didn't mention that once flax is cooked it loses some of the benefits.

I will start grinding my own flaxmeal and I will mention to the Bulk Barn about refridgeration. I haven't useed Fitday yet. I visited it for the first time today. I assume that once you have your meals set up, it gets really easy to keep track. Thanks again Karen.