View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 07:36
Registered Member

Plan: somersize/atkins
Stats: 172/160/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Questions about counts and flax meal?

HI everyone! Is the carb count for Flax meal the same as flax seeds? I could find the count for Flax seeds but not meal on the carb counter. Also, I couldn't find the counts for reg. cottage cheese (not non fat) and Wheat bran. Am I using it wrong or are they just not there? Also, I keep hearing that flax meal is expensive and that you should only buy it in sealed bags. I bought mine at the bulk barn and it was very inexpensive, but it was in an open bin. It smelled very fresh, but should I buy it pre-packaged? or should I grind my own? I love flax meal! I tried it in yogurt (I think I read as uggestion from Karen). Yum!

Also I experimented making low carb muffins last night. They have lots of cottage cheese, cream, cinnamon, eggs, flax meal, gluten flour, and bran and they turned out so yummy. I tried to calculate the carbs per muffin and it turned out to be just 2 grams each. I'm not sure if I did it right. Any tips for figuring carbs in a recipe? Also is there a carb counter that just has low carb ingredient counts instead of all foods? Sorry about all the questions! Thanks.
Sponsored Links