View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jan-04-10, 11:41
Shrinking Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/236.8/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:ample
Progress: 6%

I am sure I would look my best at 141, I just don't see it being maintainable. I probably have a medium frame. I think 150 is probably "do-able" (I have no idea if that is a real word!)

As for SB I was so disappointed in myself. I think it is a much more balanced way of eating and I really wish I had the self control to stick to it. The first couple of weeks were ok, but when I started eating yoguhrt, dairy and legumes I lost it. I just could not control my eating. I would have approved food in the house and I just could not maintain portion control. I think that is when I started gaining. Then in a panic I went back to Atkins but my portions were very large. I was eating approved low carb food but just too much of it. I would eat too many nuts, too many berries, too much heavy cream, too much cheese.

For me to lose I have to stay under 1300 calories a day and follow the plan. Even if I go to 1500 calories, eat only meat, low carb vegetables, berries, fat (olive oil, salad dressing), and nuts I gain! It is so frustrating to me that I cannot control myself. I guess I am glad that it is food and not alcohol or drugs that I have a problem with. I really feel sorry for people struggling with addictions. I think I am "going" through menopause and that may have something to do with it. I have not had a period since October so I keep thinking "is this it?". I know people have a harder time after menopause, it scares me that I will only be able to eat two bites of chicken and a celery stock to maintain.

I have actually lost weight this week and I feel sooo much better. I would like to try SB again but I think I should wait until I am closer to 150? Just out of curiosity, at 5' 8" and 154 pounds what size or sizes do you wear?