Registered Member

Plan: LowGI Carb
Stats: 239.4/233.8/191.8 Female 176.7
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedreamer
Unfortunately, I have it so bad on the back of my neck that I refuse to wear my hair up when I go out. I also have it mildly in my armpits and between my breasts. Since I've never been pregnant, I know in my case - it is definitely the insulin resistance. I am hoping it will lighten up and maybe even go away eventually now that I'm not stuffing my body full of carbs.

Yes reduce the carbs (at least half of your normally daily taking) & you will see a difference. Are you on Metformin?? My daughter has had her metformin increased to 2 x 500g morning & evening to improve her bodies sensitivity to Insulin - (Even though shes still NOT diabetic...)

Medication combined with a change in your diet will give you the desired effects - My daughter had to see her local GP yesterday & the first thing she said was that her overall skin complexion looked a whole LOT paler (on her first meet she asked if she was mixed race! - Were not racist but that will give you an indication of just how dark skinned she looked! )

The back of my daughters neck is still pretty dark, with corse ridges as are her armpits, but the rest of her inner elbows, tummy, inner thighs have practically gone, so since its early days in her treatment Im convinced they will be fading more as time goes by (as they are definately not as bad as they were) Her neck was VERY dark black/brown & irritated.... (Just like you she hasnt worn her hair up in years!)
Chin up, will try & watch this thread & help with any questions I can.... A 39 year old mom & her 15 Year Old Daughter - ENGLAND