#10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-09, 17:04

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF3
I have been on this journey for a year now. I resisted change somewhat, and have realized what drastic measures I need to take. mostly the candida has taken over and interfered with my relationship with my husband. I can't express my self physically to him and it breaks my heart. I am either not interested or itchy and burning. the lack of interest was partially due to hormonal imbalance, which i have worked to correct with hrt. i am tired, tired of explaining my situation to my family and friends, tired of seeing doctors who only partially understand, or understand, but charge me hundreds of dollars to help me, tired of this block between my husband and myself, tired of feeling good, then unknowingly sabotaging myself then feeling bad, tired of crying. i just need to get to a place that i sometimes think is only in my mind. where i don't itch, don't feel gooey, don't feel so emotional, don't feel tired, have an interest and ability to express my love. right now i feel so robbed. i need to know there is that place.

I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling. I just wanted to quickly share my story in case it is helpful. I tried for years to give up sugar to help control a chronic yeast problem (1 bought 2 tubes of Miconazole weekly for over 4 years). I finally decided to give up grains and, within, three days my rash was gone for good. I was shocked because I was eating whole grains and no sugar for those periods and it didn't do any good. I had to give up grains. Sugar is not a trigger unless I eat a whole lot of it (like, REALLY a lot), but grains I'm back red and itchy right away.