View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-09, 14:43
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

This is a good thread, although I realize few people have posted in it for awhile.

I've been so sick with what looks like yeast that I thought I was going to die too at one point. My blood pressure was so low my husband used to wake up at night to check on me, and I was having a lot of problems breathing. I was interested to see what other people took for this.

I started the Candida diet after I realized that garlic and, interestingly, beetroot (US = red beets) helped a lot. I worked out that garlic was antifungal and that beetroot, although it does have some sugars in it, turns into nitrous oxide in the blood and has a huge oxygenating effect which made me feel almost normal for several hours per day until it wore off.

At that point I started buying the antifungals OTC and the herbal supplements and had terrible die off symptoms which are continuing, although milder now than they were initially. The biggest improvement was in my breathing without gasping for breath.

I'm just starting this road and so I will need all the help and support people can give, if you're out there and you have made any progress, please chime in with anything---even just a Hi"

I'll see the Candida doctor tomorrow for the first time (my other doctors wouldn't believe candida was a possibility, despite my having been on the diet for a month with the first improvements I've had in my symptoms for 3 years). Then I'll check out the intro page and the journal etc.

But my main questions are . . . will I ever be able to go back to a semi-normal diet or eat out at a restaurant occasionally again? I mean, even if I follow this for a year or 18 months? I'm not planning on going back to a completely high carb lifestyle or anything, and I do go running and swimming when I can, and I've never been overweight, but has anyone managed to eat sensibly but occasionally have a croissant or something again after this?

Many thanks for all your help and support!

Annajen