View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-25-09, 21:29

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 270/210/150 Female 65 inches
BF:50?/VERY/22
Progress: 50%

Right, but you DID something, when you saw that you were gaining on an already restricted diet. You changed what you were doing b/c of the results you were getting.

I'm not saying that everyone reaches that state by stuffing themselves with oreos, but that whatever they WERE doing is obviously WRONG, so why not try something new? I guess one instance that could theoretically lead to a bad situation where someone really is trying to follow their doctors advice, etc, would be if they were strictly following a no/low fat diet and restricting calories until they overeat b/c of the deprivation and over do it on rice cakes or something. I still would think they would at some point throttle the doctor and make some choices for themselves or do research on other diets, that may be underestimating the power of the lowfat brainwashing though. I don't know.

Still I find it difficult to believe that a human being can gain past a certain weight on restricted calories. Not losing, ok, but how does one maintain the sheer mass, and continue gaining to the point of immobility?