#101   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 08:13

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Gosh, I wish I'd made this cake for my nephew instead of buying the gluten free better crocker cake mix. (I didn't want gluten in my kitchen).

I made cupcakes from this recipe for my daughter-in-law's baby show a month ago, and they tasted pretty darn good! My DiL is Chinese and they use beans a lot in the cooking of desserty-type things, so it was not at all odd to her.

The baby is due in about a week now so we are all counting down. My DiL got pregnant a month after switching to a Weston A. Price based diet after three years of trying. She and my son are not fully paleo and (dare I say it here? ) don't even buy into the total paleo way of eating. But they do eat lots of meats and bone broths and fruit, eggs, veggies,nuts, lacto-fermented stuff. But they also eat occasional brown rice and yams, and raw milk. My DiL has drunk raw milk throughout her pregnancy.

So far everyone looks and feels great. The baby is now about seven pounds, so my DiL says he he welcome to come into the world at any time now.