View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-03-09, 11:21

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I think lower carb is the way to go while pregnant!

For the first 16 weeks I ate whatever I could...and gained a lot in those weeks, but I couldn't do anything else. Once I started feeling better and exercising regulary, my weight gain stalled and it goes to baby. Saying all that...I will end up with a gain of 35 pounds. Next baby, I will try SO hard to eat really healthy in the beginning weeks because that is when you really don't need to gain any weight (you will retain some water, your breasts will get larger) and I believe that I will be able to stick to the 25-30 pounds.

My friend just gave birth to a baby boy and he is one month old. She has lost 23 pounds of the baby weight (but her breasts have grown dramatically since giving birth from engorgement with breast feeding.) So she has lost about 25 pounds of the 35 she gained. She still can't get all of her wedding bands on...so she is still retaining water. I think if you gain 35 or less it should be gone rather quickly (3 months or shorter.)

Just eat for a healthy baby and try to not gain a ton in a short period of time!