#11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-09, 12:43

Plan: MEVY diet
Stats: 123/118/115 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Wink Candida

Hello,

Here is my story about Candida, I am posting it to share my part so far, and also if ANYONE would like to comment or give advice I'd appreciate it ^-^

I moved into an apartment with a damp basement and carpets that weren't quite dry after the carpet cleaning. Smelly and not as clean as I prefer but I had no where else to go. A little over 2 months later I began to notice red spots on my skin and a friend who has battled Candida said that is what it was. I assume the new apartment's mold-ish state was aggravating the condition. Needless to say I've put in a 60 day notice to move out!

I have many symptoms related to Candida and I've been reading The Yeast Syndrome and began the MEVY diet. I am 26 and a Vegetarian as of May '08, I believe my un-smart choices and HIgh carb diet let to this problem. On the MEVY diet one can see this is a challenge for Vegetarians. I am eating FIsh & eggs, much more fish than before. The only supplements I take are a multi-vitamin (Womens rainbow light) with food, and a combination Lactobacillus/ acidophilus first thing each morning on an empty stomach with water.

I have already started feeling better and less lethargic. I stopped eating big noodles, rice or heavy breads a while ago because they made me feel terrible soon after I ate them. My attitude was also affected (eek). One of my concerns is on this particular diet it is suggested to eat 3 cups of yogurt a day; i digest this just fine but can that much really be good for you? I choose plain greek yogurt with a teaspoon of honey to curb the sharp taste. I used to eat lots of Stoneyfield farms French Vanilla, low fat or whole milk yogurt but swithed because I heard Greek yogurt has more Lactobacillus and acidophilus in it.

Thank you for reading this, I look forward to any comments