#169   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-09, 11:56

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLuvsM
Also does anyone in here with AN also suffer from Confluent and Reticulated Papillomatosis?

A picture of it: (It's like a patchy version of AN, and is sometimes associated with AN.)
http://162.129.70.33/images/papilomatosus_1_040402.jpg

I was diagnosed with it many years ago (funny they diagnosed this and not the very obvious AN!!), and it went away with a round antibiotics.
However it came back, and has disappeared and reappeared many times since.

What I've noticed with this condition, is that I can easily control it with my diet.... a low-carb one. I've tried it at least 4 times now, and each time it goes away.
So I was just wondering if anyone here also has it?

My were on my trunk, and the ones at my bra line were very uncomfortable in the summer. If I spread large amounts of monistat, several times a day, it would slowly fade away, but immediately on stopping the application, it would start to come back.

It was similar in color to the reddish-brown color in your pick, but raised,more like a blotchy plaque.

I remembered last night, that a couple years ago, I happened to notice that two of the blotches were developed areas that were black.

I don't have any health insurance, and was worried that it could be some type of skin cancer, the black scared me.

Anyway, since I did know that the anti-fungal monistat DID impact it, I wanted to find something along those lines that might have a permanent effect.

Anyway, years ago at GardenWeb I read lots about using baking soda for a whole variety of molds, mildews, and fungus in the garden, and it is an ingredient in so many bath salts so can't be all that dangerous.

Anyway, I put the contents of a 2 pound box of baking soda in the bath, two nights in a row, and then once again about three weeks later.

The blotches have never returned, but occasional the areas of skin where they were... feel a little sensitive or "itchy."

Anyway, I had NO idea that all those veggies, fruits, and beans I was eating were crating this. I have no idea if I have PCOS, but I've had some of the symptoms for a very long time.

Yesterday morning I took a baking soda bath and rubbed a cup of it into my scalp, too, as it seemed that some type of seborrhea is trying to catch hold. I soaked for about half an hour, keeping the water good & HOT.

About ten hours later, the baking soda soak had a laxative effect, and for hours thereafter alot of gas pains which interrupted my sleep.

Next time, I'll such a bath at bedtime.

I've seen quite a few online postings about a book entitled, It's My Ovaries, Stupid!! which I plan to get ahold of and read.

I'd been trying to deal with that "rash" for almost four years, before the baths, and since then it hasn't rearisen.