View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 12:15
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I got to my highest weight, 263lbs after a bad breakup over 10 years ago. I then was so sick of how I looked... but more how I felt physically.

I was out dancing (I went on my honeymoon alone) and just sweating and sweating and my hair was matted to my big round face and my legs were almost bleeding from chaffing and I knew I had to do something.

I stared with exercise (karate at first) and then I started low fat and low cal dieting. I became involved with a body builder who had me keep a food journal and he helped me make better decisions (it was funny my sister said I would either get better because he was reading or I would lie.... I got better) and lost 80 lbs. I was so proud.

Then life went on and I couldn't lose anymore. I was no longer obese and I worked out and just bounced up and down the same 20 lbs. Sabotaging successes because I realy just didn't believe I could ever be a thin person.

Then I found Atkins. Then I found Atkins worked. Then I found I am satisifed eating this WOL. Then I found you all.

I have almost said screw this I want... a sundae... candy bar... pancake.... cookie.... many times and then it hits me. Someone in my journal said that i'm a role model... ROFL! But it worked. If they are reading and I am telling the truth, then I can help others with a problem I have had so very long.

So I guess it all comes down for me to accountability and showing others my journal (it works for me).

Thanks Terri for giving me an outlet.