View Single Post
  #162   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-09, 20:05

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Does anyone have a link to a photograph of this condition?

What you're describing sounds familiar, but I thought it was due to old age.

I first developed patches like you're discussing after following one of those highly touted diets -- tons of veggies & tons of fruit & multiple servings of beans and legumes and it was that "healthy" diet which got me gaining tons of excess weight.

Anyway.....

I got totally rid of these patches of discoloration.

First, I'd tried a variety of lotions, and suspecting that they might be a type of fungus or yeast, I tried ALL the OTC lotions for any possible form of fungus or yeast.

Anyway.....

I don't even know whether this is SAFE to do, but what I did was to lay immersed in a very very very hot bath for twenty minutes.

WHAT was in the bath water?

One of the LARGE boxes of Arm & Hammar Baking Soda -- the big one, it's at least two times the size of the one used to put in the refrigerator.

I think that MAYBE it was about 3 weeks later that the skin patches started to reappear, and so I re-did the long long long bath of VERY hot water which had the contents of the LARGE box of baking soda in it. I soaked for a LONG time.

It's been at least a year, they haven't returned -- they got to be a nasty irritant, as in the heat the skin became very itchy, but when scratched was super irritated.

I think that I even once tried using OTC cortizone and it did nothing, either.

I can't recall precisely, but MAYBE ... initially I did that long bath two nights in a row, and then 3 weeks later.

The stuff was totally gone within days of the second bath, started to return, and never came back after the third bath.

I'm just astounded that dermatologists say there is "NO" way to get rid of this stuff.

But I never went to a doc for any diagnosis, so maybe mine isn't AN?????