#14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-09, 09:00

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
"One other thing I'm taking with me on long bike trips is a small container of olives - they are sodium rich and might just hit the spot during the heat of high summer."

And they have a lot of fat so very filling. Watch out, though, last night I drank the olive juice from our jar - I'm up three pounds from the sodium! For a long run or ride, the juice would be great.

No, I wouldn't want to drink the brine from the olive jar, the olives themselves are said to be sodium-rich.

I'm trying to find some threads around here about WATER and exercise; like the OP, I never use any of the sports drinks, they taste just vile to me, so sugary.

I always take several water bottles with me, and in the High Heat of mid-summer, occasionally I take small packets of salt with me - I've occasionally had to open one up, dump the contents on my palm and lick it right up.

It might be 'folklore,' but I've heard that if you sprinkle salt on your palm and taste NOTHING when you lick it up, that means that you really really really needed some sodium.