Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 12:46
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetums52
I started out searching for answers as to why the scale wasn't moving...

SB will definitely help move inches - but not necessarily scale weight. One reason is that as you replace body fat with lean muscle mass, you will get smaller and more dense - and muscle weighs more than fat. Also, at least for the first few months, your new muscles will need lots of water and will often retain it for a while. Drink more water than usual once you start working out, and don't panic if you see a few pounds more on the scale. Eventually your muscles will be getting so much they won't need to retain it and will let it go. And don't forget to take all your measurements when you begin, and then maybe once a month thereafter.

Quote:
I can totally relate to the long awful winter and working at home and not being very motivated as I'm from New England too (Maine)

We got clobbered last night (about a foot here in Providence, and more points north) - but you must really be getting socked with the snow up there!

Quote:
sounds like Slow Burn might be the answer I've been looking for as I'd like to start seeing some firming/muscle results...

You'll like it. Holler if you have any questions...

Lisa