View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 22:56

Plan: Atkins/M&E/IF?
Stats: 194/163.2/150 Female 69"
BF:37.2%/28.9%/21%
Progress: 70%

Hi there. I am so sorry to hear that you feel so crummy. It can certainly destroy your energy if not your life, that's for sure!

You'll have to stick with Bee's diet for more than a few days for it to start making a dent. Have you heard of the "die off" syndrome? That's when you first start attacking the candida (with diet, anti-fungals, probiotics), your symptoms will get MUCH worse for a while, due to all the toxins from the dead yeast being released into your body all at once. So...stay strong! If your symptoms seem to be getting worse, it's WORKING!

As far as probiotics go, I had cobbled together enough info from various websites to know to take these things in phases: first, deprive the yeast of it's food by following the diet, next, start with anti-fungals and take them CONSISTENTLY, finally, start probiotics to replace the good bacteria. (If you try to do it all at once the die-off can be a real killer to get through!)

I followed the diet for two full weeks before I started the anti-fungals. I am taking a whole host of them but a couple good ones to start with are oil of oregano and pau d'arco tea. Add a couple of drops of OoO to water and gulp it down (work up to half a dropper). Tastes nasty but it works. The tea is pretty mellow so I don't have any issues with it.

Then there is the coconut oil question. I am up to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day. A lot of people say "just eat it from the jar"--YUCK! I melt mine in tea (pau d'arco, anyone?) or add it to my protein shakes. If you take it that way, you can't even tell it's there, and it helps keep you very full and satisfied. You can also make coconut oil candy/bark. Tons of recipes on here for it and it tastes very chocolatey and yummy. Also, I found that the extra virgin coconut oil made me nauseated while the expeller pressed (refined) stuff does not. It also has less flavor than the EV stuff.

I am still experimenting with probiotics. I bought a liquid acidophilus one that is sugar free and milk based but I will probably switch to something else when I get through the bottle. I may go with a pill form or I may try pre-biotics such as inulin. I am still researching and experimenting on myself.

I hope this is somewhat helpful and I do hope you feel better soon. If you need a buddy, just give me a shout!