View Single Post
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 18:09
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh my... <b>October</b> is the last time I posted here?! Good greif. Well, it shows: I've definitely put on inches even though the scale hasn't moved, and I'm now getting winded doing everyday things. That's unacceptable to me. Time to get my act together again.

My general goal: resistance three or four times a week, alternating upper and lower body work. I'd like to vary the types of exercises I do, though they'll all be calisthenics. Cardio will be walking twice a week or so. Yes, that's cardio when it's -20 outside! You'd be amazed how fast you're compelled to move, and how high your heart rate gets.

So today: lower body.
-Squats two sets of 8, pushed to failure at 11 on the third set.
-Calf raises two sets of 9, failure at 12 or 13 on the third set.
-'butt blasters' three sets of 10, but I couldn't really find the failure point. I was sore from doing the other exercises. Maybe I shouldn't do those with squats anymore.

I'm sure there's a real name for my 'butt blasters'... I'll describe them: stand with legs apart, hold wall for support. Point one toe to the side and backward. Without moving the thigh at all, bend the knee so that you're pulling your foot toward your butt. It really works those hamstrings and butt!