View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 15:00

Plan: planning to carb cycle
Stats: 147/146/128 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Advice on easy, low-carb-vegetarian lunches

I am actually an omnivore, but I eat very little meat other than fish (I require that land meat be both kosher and humanely raised, which keeps it as a special occasion food and no meat at all in restaurants). However, I eat quite a lot of fish -- I am always trying to cut down on my fish consumption for environmental reasons, but it seems like every time I switch from brown-rice-sushi to vegetarian weekday lunches, I lose control of my weight again. This cycle has been going on for YEARS. Does anyone have any good tips on low-carb, vegetarian lunch foods that can be gotten at lunchtime in Manhattan?

(At home I eat organic dairy and eggs. I'm not ruling out dairy and eggs at lunch, but I'd prefer to go vegan at lunchtime since the animal products are certain to be from "factory farms". Any cuisine is cool, or great salad ideas with no animal products, or whatever. But please don't advise me to bring food from home -- anything that further complicates my already insane schedule is just a nonstarter. I'm not trying to be stubborn, I'm just trying to set realistic goals for myself based on my experience to date.)

Any pointers on where to find good info about which fruits/vegetables are better/worse would be helpful, too -- both for making wise choices at a salad bar, and because at dinnertime, my husband cooks whatever the CSA sends, and I generally eat that whatever it is, but have little sense of when that is a great idea and when maybe not so much.

Thanks for any advice/insight.
Sponsored Links