View Single Post
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-08, 16:00
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

I've started and stopped "dieting" so many times before, it's not even funny.

But this time, it's different.

I wasn't motivated by a number on the scale or a clothing size, or even a bad photograph. This time around it's all about how I feel.

I've been carrying somewhere around 80-100 extra pounds for a long time now. But even though I knew I didn't look good, I still felt pretty healthy. I'm not athletic by any means, but I do a lot of walking on trips and outings with my family, and it has never bothered me. I could always keep up, and spend a whole day walking, without feeling any distress whatsoever.

Earlier this year, I stopped paying attention to my weight for a while, and quickly gained about 15 pounds over the summer. I didn't realize I had gained that much because my summer clothes are very "forgiving". But towards the end of the summer, I started to FEEL the extra weight. We went to the zoo and walked around all day - and for the first time I had a problem with it. My feet hurt. My knees hurt. I was getting winded more easily. I didn't like it. Next morning I stepped on the scale just to see if I had gained a few pounds, and lo and behold, the scale was reading 15 pounds heavier.

Between that, and seeing some horrible effects of diabetes in members of my family, I decided that I had to do something to get rid of all this extra weight once and for all.