View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-08, 20:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/241/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Is my exercise routine keeping me from losing?

I am doing Atkins, I finished 2 weeks of Induction and I have lost 1 lb. At fist I started losing fast - I went from 210.5 to 203 in 5 days then I stopped losing and started gaining. I've been through Induction a few times over the years and I usually lose about 9lbs in the first 2 weeks. Well now it's day #19 and I am down a net of 1 lb. and my clothes are actually feeling tighter!

The only thing I am doing different from the times before are intense workouts 3x per week, coupled with HEAVY yard work for about 3 hours once or twice on the weekends (digging through rocks with a pick-axe, building rock walls and planters).

I started my regular workouts late November and go regularly, I started Induction on Dec. 2.

I had a problem with low energy and I've been eating more salads, as ordered in Atkins, that seems to have helped get my energy back up for the gym.

Last week I started doing HIIT, (right now doing 8 second intervals with 12 second recovery for 4 minutes and working to increase the time) then the rest of the 20 minutes finished on the elliptical.

Gym schedule - I go 3 days a week (MWF) and spend over 1.5 hours there:

5 minutes warm-up on the elliptical
4 minutes HIIT on the elliptical
12 minutes on the elliptical at the highest resistance I can maintain (right now level 9 out of 20 after the HIIT makes me noodle-legged)

8 minutes stretching
15 minutes basic yoga moves
15 minutes calisthenics (leg extensions, plies, squats, lunges)
8 minutes crunches

25 minutes weights - various machines, 2 sets of 12 reps at highest weight I can handle
10 minutes treadmill at 3.5 mph, 4% incline

I was ready to wait it out, figuring I was building muscle while losing fat but I but now I am really concerned with my clothes feeling tighter.

According to myPlan I average about 1900 cals/day, 19-20g carbs

So I am wondering if my body needs a different diet to lose. I don't want to stop exercising, I enjoy the tone I am seeing but I want to get my diet plan to work with my exercise plan. Or maybe I should modify my exercise plan, I'd appreciate tips to improve it.

Thanks!

Alane
Sponsored Links