#5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-08, 15:46
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
And as far as the pilates goes, I've done both gym classes and workouts at home. Are you interested in trying it or have you done it? If you're just starting out, a great starter Pilates DVD I tried was from Leslie Sansone (because I love her Walk Away the Pounds walkaerobics DVDs). But there are many good ones out there. Of course attending a class is good because you get a bit more guidance. It was a wonderful way to strengthen your core.

Thanks for this Liza. And yes, it would be my first time ever trying Pilates. So the Leslie Sansone one sounds pretty good to me. I have some of her WATP videos already. Pretty easy to get going on, so if she's got a beginner's style Pilates thing, then I'm sure it's just the ticket for a real newbie like me.

Later on, I could take a class if I got really into it.

Meanwhile, I was wondering how much fruit most people have on the PPLP intervention phase. It's a bit difficult to wrap my brain around the idea that I can 'choose' my carbs with the 'net 30' guidelines. Part of me thinks, "There's no way fruit will make me fat" and another part of me is still reacting to what people say about fruit, that you can't have too much fruit or you won't lose any weight. As though it's somehow fat-inducing or something. I don't know what to think really.

Bought some peaches yesterday, and some apricots! And plums and nectarines and apples.

Oh yeah, got some veggies too.

Not in a huge hurry to try grains anytime soon, but that's only because I've been trying to get this weight off for soooooo long, and I'm so ready to get the last of it off. I'll save the higher carb experiments for later on.

For now, about 75% or more of my carbs are all coming from fruit and veggies. A few olives here and there, sometimes a dill pickle or whatever. Dressing (homemade balsamic types) and seasonings add a few carbs too.

Funniest thing to me? Having 'permission' to choose my own carbs within the PPLP guidelines, while being encouraged to choose wisely, has resulted in my calories going down quite a bit. The blog posts Dr. Michael Eades was doing about "Calorie Torpedoes" helped quite a bit too. Meanwhile, I feel more satisfied with this WOE than I did on Atkins induction. I guess I just didn't respond too well to those lists in Atkins - the induction veggie list, and then the 'carb ladder' thingie. Gah!

Must be a bit of rebelliousness in there ...."Let me decide!"