View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-08, 22:03

Plan: Hi-Protein, low calorie
Stats: 194/155.2/124 Female 59.5"
BF:57%/42%/22%
Progress: 55%

A little bit back on this thread, ValerieL quote Winterlily on "little things," as motivators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieL
Those little things are important to me, too. I'll never forget the day I went to get something out of a low cabinet at work and *squatted down* to do it. I was on the balls of my feet with my butt at my heels and AMAZED! I hadn't been able to do that in years! That kept me motivated for days! And renews it now, when I think about it!

That just happened today to me! I'd been dragging, stalling, going off the WOE, but yesterday I ate right. Today, I put on a dress to go out, dropped something, and just naturally dropped down with two knees together to the side, my butt on my heels, and picked it up.
I took two steps before I realized what I had done! You're right. It's really an amazing feeling. Something we once took for granted! No more.

It's also the growing sense of management of self that RightNow (PJ?) talks about, so that even when I fall/fail, I know that I don't want to keep doing that. If I'm stalled, I'm going to redefine it as maintenance, or muscle replacing fat, or something.